8 week live and online Feldenkrais series with Tiffany Sankary
1) Thursdays in Somerville, MA
2) Fridays Online via Zoom
Finding ease in your movement directly impacts your everyday life.
Ease, exploration and the power of neuroplasticity
Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement lessons develop your ability to pay attention to yourself while you are moving, being, acting in the world. In the lessons, performing a specific movement is not as important as attending to HOW you move. How do you experience moving from intention to action?
Feldenkrais lessons explore this world between intention and action. The benefit is greatest when you do less. That is the power of neuroplasticity.
Neuroplasticity = brain’s ability to CHANGE
The process of attending to your sensation and reducing your effort in the lessons will teach you strategies for finding ease and new options in other areas of your life. The lessons are like structured playgrounds to experiment inside of. The process mirrors how a baby learns to move. We learn through exploration.
In this program you will learn ways to:
- Reduce tension, pain and stress
- Increase flexibility, stability and comfort
- Make changes in your environment to support upright posture
- Improve the quality of your movement and your self awareness
- Develop resilience through curiosity and experimentation
- Care for yourself and listen to creative impulses
- Bring ease into your daily life